Craving s’mores? Here’s how you can make these sweet treats in the comfort of your own backyard.
No matter the season, we know that family time is something to be cherished. But just like a road trip in the summer or decorating your home for the holidays, each season offers unique opportunities to spend quality time with family. Fall is no different—the crispness in the air and the early sunsets over the bay are best enjoyed in the company of loved ones. And there’s nothing better than experiencing these special moments with a delicious treat.
You may think it’s impossible to make s’mores outside without a campfire—but that’s where you’re wrong. You and the kids can make these gooey snacks in the comfort of your own backyard. All you need is a few supplies you probably have lying around the house and a few essential ingredients.
- Small Terracotta Pots
- Aluminum Foil
- Matches or Lighter
- Marshmallow Sticks (If you don’t have these already, get creative! Use metal skewers or coat hangers.)
- Graham Crackers
- Line Terracotta pots with aluminum foil.
- Fill the aluminum foil with charcoal.
- Light the charcoal (adults, it’s probably a good idea to step in here).
- When you see a flame, skewer a marshmallow and get cooking!
- Once your marshmallow is toasted to perfection, assemble your s’mores.
- Enjoy your sticky creations!
We want to see your backyard s’mores! Capture the memories with a picture and post it on social media using the hashtag #SweetBayLife.